I have this thing for...Statement Sleeves

Hi lovelies!

Hope everyone is enjoying their grey Tuesday! I am mainly spending mine worrying about the lack of spending money I have for my trip to Berlin this weekend, whilst simultaneously looking at buying a new laptop and/or clothes that I do not need, including all of these tops below. How many ruffles are too many? ...YES I AM AWARE I HAVE AN ISSUE.


Aaaaanywho, I am mega, mega, MEGA loving the over-sized tie detail sleeve thing that's going on at the moment. Unfortunately for my credit card balance, I made a rather unnecessary purchase in H&M and Zara during the past week to try and fulfill my need for the current trend. Here's my pick of the current high street offerings;


Clockwise from top left corner
1. Tie Fluted Sleeve Knitted Top - Topshop
2. Blue Gingham Ruffle Blouse - Urban Outfitters
3. Soft Tie Sleeve Knit Jumper - Topshop
4. Navy Sweater with Tie Sleeves - Zara
5. Grey Tie Sleeve Bardot Jumper - Missguided
6. Taupe Sweatshirt with Frills - H&M
7. Zacro High Neck Blouse with Ruffles - ASOS
8. Black Jumper with Frills - H&M
9. (middle) Grey Sweater with Tie Sleeves - Zara (sold out) Similar here

I have so far purchased the black H&M jumper with frills in black and the Zara tie sleeve in grey. The H&M jumper is more of a softer sweat material. The jumper is very over-sized - I got mine in a medium - with extra long sleeves. Not entirely the most practical trend, I have so far found them slightly inconvenient for typing, using a mouse and also managed to dip them into my lunch. However, if these are the lengths (literally) that one must go to to appear on trend, then I will take on that responsibility and wear those sleeves with pride! (I'll also probably be rolling them up next time I try to dip my cajun fries in garlic mayo.)


I am yet to receive the Zara jumper but I'm sure I'll be showcasing it on the blog or my Instagram as soon as it's in my claws! What have you been buying post Christmas? I'd love to know what you guys think of the statement sleeve trend.

Ciao for now!

Tal x



No comments