My Official Blogging-Birth.

Hi there! So here begins the obligatory ‘getting to know me’ first post.

I am a 25 year old girl living in London. I still can’t quite bring myself to call myself a woman; I’m in that Britney phase. Even when the comment ‘Timmy, watch that lady’ echoes in the chilled foods aisle at my local Saino’s, I still never realise that a grown up could be talking about me until I’m shoved out of the way of perusing the Cheesestrings (twisters only, thanks) by Timmy. Anyway… I digress.
I am originally from Derby/Nottingham but I’ll always go with the latter when asked because… well we all know why. After a year living at home and attending Derby University, I realised how crap my course was and that I was the only person I knew at 18 still living at home and not drinking themselves silly and pretending to attend lectures in a foreign city. Even though having a car, a part-time job, home cooked meals and a personal launderer, (is that a word?...I LOVE YOU MUMMY)) sounds pretty swell, I needed to get out of Nottingham. So after a year of living vicariously through various friends in various cities, it was up and onwards to a much better place…Sunderland (no comments please)! Off I went in my Seat Arosa 170 miles up the A1 into Mackem land – yes there is a difference between Geordie and Mackems and YES IT REALLY DOES MATTER.
After three years of many litres of cider and debauchery, I actually managed to graduate with a BA in Dance. Even though Dance was my first love and the idea was to have some kind of career in that field, predictably it’s proved quite difficult to gain ANYTHING. So for now, I’m stuck in finance doing accounts; and no, that’s not a joke. I have always had a massive love for fashion and beauty, and since moving to London my tastes and opportunities (to shop in bigger and more expensive shops) have broadened and now I’m finally dipping my toe into the world of blogging!
So that’s me I guess! As I continue to write I’m sure you’ll get to know me a bit better, including my love for cats, cheese, wine, pickled onions and of course the reason I’m here, fashion, beauty and my life in London.

No comments